Location: Lubec Channel
Nearest town: Lubec
44 50 31 N
66 58 36 W
Accessibility: The lighthouse is not open to the
public. It can be seen distantly from shore and is best seen by boat.
Station established: 1890; Present lighthouse built:
1890; Automated: 1939
Construction material: Cast iron with brick lining
Height of tower: 40 feet; Height of focal plane: 53 feet
Original optic: Fifth-order Fresnel; Present optic: 155
mm (solar powered)
Characteristic: Flashing white every six seconds
Fog signal: One blast every 15 seconds
The lighthouse is now privately owned, but the light and
fog signal remain active U.S. Coast Guard aids to navigation.